DID YOU KNOW?
CSA B622-14 clause 5.1 (i) covers the requirement to have an over speed shutoff valve system on all existing equipment in service that transports class 2 gases by vehicle by road or vessel by boat.
With respect to the requirement of CSA B622-14 it is clause 5.1(i):
“No later than 1 Jan 2016, diesel engines on highway tanks and portable tanks containing dangerous goods of Class 2.1 and being used during loading or offloading shall be equipped with an automatic engine air intake shut-off device that will prevent engine runaway in case of exposure to flammable vapours. The device shall activate automatically if engine runaway is detected and remain activated until manually reset;”
This requirement would have to be met by January 12, 2018 as that is when CSA B622-14 comes into force, until then you may still follow CSA B622-09.
WE CAN HELP
Nova has partnered with Pacbrake to solve this problem for you for as low as $1,475
- Pacbrake is a 60 year old design and development company serving the OEM, military and aftermarket
- Nova Truck Centres offers a comprehensive shutoff valve program and product offering
Get in touch with Rudi to learn how you can take advantage of this offer to be in compliance by the New Year!
E: [email protected] | C: 902.456.9306
Below is a sample of one of the kits Nova have available:
PH2 KITS INCLUDE:
- All necessary hose adapters, clamps, and hardware required for an install
- Weather tight plug & play wiring harness, custom to each application
- 2 hour installation times